work study - student employment information

Work Study - Student Employment

All students are eligible to find a job on campus and receive payment for the hours worked.

Finding a Job on Campus

Job openings are posted outside the Human Resources Office in Colgate Hall. It is the responsibility of the student to secure employment. Student employment is not guaranteed.

Before You Start Work

The Human Resources Office must receive a W-4 and I-9, as required by federal law, before a student can begin working.

To complete the I-9, you will need to bring two (2) forms of identification indicating that you are eligible for employment. Most Colby-Sawyer College students bring a driver's license a social security card, a birth certificate or a passport.

International students must bring their social security card, I-20, I-94 and passport. Contact Lee Woodworth for help in applying for a social security card. All documents must be unexpired.

Getting Paid

Students must submit a time sheet available from their supervisor and are paid biweekly. Students are strongly urged to take advantage of direct deposit. Fast, easy and secure. Use an account from home or a new account from a local bank. Lake Sunapee Bank will waive the $3.00 monthly fee for students who have their Colby-Sawyer pay directly deposited into their account.


Human Resources: Heather Zahn

Payroll: Tara Lakeman

International: Lee Woodworth