abbey hall

Entering Abbey Hall, the calm of this all-women residence is immediately clear. The comfortable lounge offers space for a welcome study break where residents can enjoy their favorite TV shows and take advantage of the friendly, diverse hall community.

Features

Abbey is our only all-female hall and houses new and returning residents. A kitchen is located on the first floor, and the spacious lounge is equipped with cable TV, a piano and vending machines. This hall is located between Mercer Hall and the Ware Campus Center.

Staffing

Abbey has a Resident Director who lives in Danforth Hall, and two Resident Assistants who reside in Abbey Hall.

History

Built in 1940, Abbey Hall is dedicated to the memory of Charles Clinton Abbey, husband of Mrs. Emily F. Abbey Gill, benefactress of colleges and secondary schools, especially those dedicated to the education of women.