175 Faces of Colby-Sawyer College

175 faces, 175 yearsThe 175 Faces of CSC is a poster project that seeks to visually capture the changing face of Colby-Sawyer today as a global and diverse college community. Today Colby-Sawyer students come from 25 U.S. states and 32 countries, and our community represents many different cultures, religious and ethnic backgrounds, as well as many, many perspectives.

This fall roving student photographers from the Student Diversity Council, a student organization on campus, will ask students, staff, faculty and alumni to pose for portraits. Those photographs will be collected and will become part of large posters that feature 175 Faces of CSC. The posters will be displayed around campus as a way to celebrate the growing diversity of our college community.

Through this effort, we wish to embrace and celebrate our diversity, which strengthens our college community and prepares our students to live, work and thrive in global societies and workplaces. This project directed by the Student Diversity Council and the Office of International and Diversity Programs.

The 175 Faces of Colby-Sawyer College initiative highlights our themes of Engaged Learning and Linking to the World. For more information, please contact Associate Dean of International and Diversity Programs Pamela Serota Cote at pamela.serotacote@colby-sawyer.edu.

Colby-Sawyer's Dynamic Devotion to Excellence drives our strategic themes and requires us to build on the college's strengths and traditions and move toward our long-term goals. Our 175th Anniversary provides unique opportunities to reflect on our evolution as an institution of teaching and learning, and also to articulate our new identity and convey who we are and what we value as a college community.